Re: RFS: Adopted Package: pathogen

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:13:06PM -0400, Barry deFreese wrote:
>>> I went ahead and adopted pathogen and stuck it on mentors if anyone
>>> has  time to review and/or upload:
>
>> And of course I have something to complain about the copyright file
>> again.  I hope you don't mind. ;-)
>>
>> <snip>
> Fixed, I think.  Please review.

Looks fine, except that you list the team as the copyright holder for (a
part of) debian/*.  The team is not a legal entity that can hold a
copyright (I think).  You should just use your own name instead.  The
team is listed as Maintainer, which is good.

>> The menu and desktop files say Games/Strategy...  That doesn't seem
>> appropriate...?
>>
> Aye, agreed.  I've moved it to PuzzleGame for right now though I'm not
> sure I'm happy with that either.  Thoughts?

A puzzle game makes sense to me; only it's called LogicGame for
FreeDesktop.  There's a Lintian warning about this.

>> Ps: I didn't hear anything about xlife again; did I miss a message from
>> you?  Except for making the copyright file as good as possible (without
>> a reply from the people in there), it's ready to upload AFAIK.
>>
> I sent one a little while back.  I thought it was ready to go but maybe
> it's time for a review?  It's on mentors.  I'm sure you will have
> something to complain about the copyright file, such as it not being in
> machine readable format.. ;-P

That's just a request, not a blocker. ;-)  The thing that is a problem
is that you didn't add yourself as a copyright holder.  For the others,
you can appearantly not get more info, so you can leave it like this.
But you should be able to contact yourself and write a proper copyright
and license statement for your parts of the packaging. ;-)

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html