Re: Best practices for changelogs

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 01:36:44PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Paul TBBle Hampson <Paul.Hampson@Pobox.com> [2007-11-19 07:00:43 CET]:
>> As a further point for the 'increment each time' case, I often give
>> out URLs and binary builds of packages I'm assembling for
>> sponsorship, and I want people who get them to _know_ whether I've
>> updated or not.

>  On a side note - if you don't increment the version apt still does the
> sane thing: it also checks the package's meta data and pulls a package
> from the pool happily if it is different from the one you have
> installed.

Only for binary aptable builds. Not for things like mentors (source
only) and not when I'm too lazy to actually make something aptable. ^_^

And I'm pretty sure apt-listchanges shows _no_ changelog when you
install a packaged with the same version as the installed one.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, B.Sc, LPI, MCSE
Very-later-year Asian Studies student, ANU
Paul.Hampson@Pobox.com

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.
 -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.1/au/