Re: Best practices for changelogs

The following is a quote from the thread:

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:28:09 +0200
martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> Anyway, we're not here to agree on one procedure, are we? because
> we likely never will.

I disagree that there was a consensus, but I do think that the thread
is a good read for people who are considering this.

My personal preference after reading it (this is one of the
suggestions in the thread) would be to append something like ~rfs1 to
the version during the sponsoring process, incrementing it during any
revisions without creating any new blocks.  When the sponsor thinks
the package is ready, they can modify my changelog by deleting the
four character postfix from the version, and then the package that
gets uploaded doesn't skip any versions.  Because the changelog is
part of Debian's user interface, I don't think it should be cluttered
with implementation details that aren't relevant to the user.