Re: Needed: Desktop artwork plan for bookworm - work idea

On Fri, 2022-04-08 at 22:03 +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> there's no such concept as *the* desktop in Debian

That is what I was thinking about.

But I am not familiar enough with the involved technologies to decide
what might be possible from a practical perspective.

As far as I am aware most desktops provide at least the ability to
adapt highlight colors. But I don't know if it would be easy to bind
the desktop background color to that chosen as the highlight in menus.
Especially because desktop background colors can usually be defined
independently.

On the other hand the default background could possibly use either the
variable for the highlight or for the background. But I don't know
since I don't unserstand the inner workings of any desktop (theme).

Cheers
Onsemeliot