Re: Needed: Desktop artwork plan for bookworm - work idea

Hi Jean-Claude,

I love what you have done with the Debian spiral in your proposal. It
would be great to create a monochrome image which a background
highlight color that users could easily chose – preferably by using a
color picker in a theme setting menu.

But I would omit the squares. In my opinion most designs do to
much and every Debian release I root for the minimalistic proposals.
Most designs are just too distracting for my taste. It would feel more
natural to me if it was just your improved spiral with only a rather
understated logo as an optional feature.

I was bold enough to adapt your initial proposal. I made the gradient
bigger so that the screen is somewhat brighter:

https://freidenk.net/debian/

Cheers
Onsemeliot