Re: New artwork proposal for Wheezy

On 03/10/2012 11:45 PM, Ulrich Hansen wrote:
> Hi Victor!
>
> Thanks for the work you put into that. But all background pictures are first centered, then cropped. I have Debian Wheezy running in VirtualBox just for testing resolutions. And I installed the background the same way it will be installed by the desktop-base package. I experimented a lot with that so I am pretty sure about it.

You are so right! I just scrolled up in my messages and I was ready to
quote an earlier mail on the list regarding the same issue, and then I
realized it was *yours* :-)
I tested the wallpaper in my openbox @1600x1200 resolution, and it
pleasantly filled the screen, all the elements were in place, nothing
bad happened.

> If you don't mind, please use gimp and take a look at the source package:
>
> http://lazybrowndog.net/debian/wheezy/_wallpaper/journey-wallpaper-simple-source.xcf
>
> (121 MB) to see how I used layers for all required resolutions to know what will be cropped.

Be sure I'll do that sooner or later. I must thank you again for doing
this, I'm even thinking of borrowing some content for the Romanian
debian-linux.ro website, after Wheezy release (whenever it may be).

> Do you mean the label or the cover? And did you do a printout? I printed proofs of both and changed it until they were printed OK. A CD label really looks different on screen than printed out on a real CD.

You are perfectly right, this was the printable element and I had no
right to judge it by the way it's seen on the screen. I'll give it a try
whenever I'll come by a color printer, I only use b/w at home.

> I really like it to be tiny. Some things make a better impression if they aren't obvious at first glance.

OK, I agree with with you, keeping them small and effective.

> You are right. I would love to make a version with a tiny devil as well. :-)

Let's say the order on the capsule would be as it follows:
<Debian><GNU><Linux><kFreeBSD>
      <Version_number>

> Thanks for your suggestions. This is helpful.

Thank you for your work. If there's anything I can do, please don't
hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Victor