Re: New artwork proposal for Wheezy

Am 09.03.2012 um 09:21 schrieb Roman Khomasuridze:

Nice work, I still use Lisp machine wallpaper on my work machine.

Thanks! Didn't expect that after all the time. That's great!

As of journey, I like the concept, but nebula and spacecraft part might be quite heavy on eyes,

I added a soft shadow to the left half of the wallpaper.

http://lazybrowndog.net/debian/wheezy/_wallpaper/journey-wallpaper-v2.jpg

Does this work better for you? I have installed my wallpaper for a couple of weeks and am really used to it, so this kind of feedback is really important to me.

I'd suggest to make wallpaper more simple, something like, isolinux, or grub proposals you made. Anyways, it's only my opinion...

When I designed the login-background (see section GDM) I had in mind that it also might serve as wallpaper in environments where a simpler picture is more appropriate. As it is already part of the theme, it wouldn't increase the filesize and could easily be added to the available alternatives. But personally I (obviously) prefer the wallpaper and think it's a bit more exciting.

regards
Ulrich