Re: Artwork to Debian Squeeze

2010/6/3 Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org>:
> On jeu., 2010-06-03 at 16:56 -0300, Valessio Brito wrote:
>> I don't think functional package name. Should be a standard.
>> If you need adaptations for special netbook or desktop, change only one package.
>
> What adaptations exactly? We already provide multiple format (4/3, 16/9)
> and multiple themes in the same package, with alternatives. No need for
> another layer.

Have you seen the package 'theme netbook-remix[1]' ubuntu?
There adaptations in gnome, which are accurate .. Some selection and
application specific placements.

I could create a space theme, and even define which plugins or
applications running in the session default, the formatting and
standard of these components.

In case of a particular location, I could set images with adaptations
of language. Not only resolution.

>> aptitude install theme-netbook  or   theme-brdesktop or theme-livecd
>> .. default = theme-squeeze or theme-lenny or theme-woody
>>
>> theme-debian-squeeze._.deb
>>  * theme-gdm-squeeze._.deb
>>  * theme-kde-squeeze
>>  * theme-base-squeeze
>>  * theme-<app>-squeeze
>>
>> I can create 'theme-space' with only 'theme-gdm-space and
>> theme-gnome-space (background and confs)'...
>
> That'd mean too much fragmentation, imho.

Yes, but it can not be solved by defining a directory structure and
scripts to generate all the packages?
Nor are all issues that create adjustments for all applications.

Fragmentation also allows for greater personalization. The packages
are not necessarily required to be installed separately. Can I make
matches.
aptitude install theme-gdm-squeeze theme-gnome-brdesktop
theme-audacious2-space theme-kde-livecd

[1] https://launchpad.net/netbook-remix

--
.ValessioBrito - Comunicação e Tecnologia
Blog: http://valessiobrito.info