Re: Artwork to Debian Squeeze

On jeu., 2010-06-03 at 17:37 -0300, Valessio Brito wrote:
> Have you seen the package 'theme netbook-remix[1]' ubuntu?
> There adaptations in gnome, which are accurate .. Some selection and
> application specific placements.
>
> I could create a space theme, and even define which plugins or
> applications running in the session default, the formatting and
> standard of these components.
>
> In case of a particular location, I could set images with adaptations
> of language. Not only resolution.

Aren't you over-engineering things here? I'm all for having a nice
Squeeze branding, but just a wallpaper and a bootscreen would be
perfectly fine by me. Having “adaptations” and “plugin customizations”
might be nice but completely DE dependent, complex etc. Not sure if
we'll have that much proposals if it's that hard too do.

Anyway, feel free to elaborate on this, but imho, we should stick to
KISS principles.

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis