Re: Artwork to Debian Squeeze

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> wrote:

> What do you think?

The space theme is lovely!

The stars theme could maybe do with a tiny reference to New York /
DebConf10 amongst the buildings to the bottom right ;)

I wonder if full icon themes are too much work to do in the remaining
time before squeeze releases. It might be possible to do one for
squeeze+1 if it is started immediately after the squeeze release.

BTW, is there any package collecting artwork from previous Debian releases?

In addition to artwork, we need some "About Debian" items in system
menus (#473892).

Since Debian is going down the track of branding, I think all desktop
environments (inc KDE) should be branded. I also agree with Sune that
removing desktop-base should remove all branding. Currently that isn't
possible for GNOME (and KDE it seems) at least, some upstreamable
patches will need to be added to achieve this (by using
foo-branding.png image names or similar).

On desktop-base, I think it is completely the wrong name for the
package and we should use debian-branding-* packages instead or
somethink like Ubuntu's naming scheme.

--
bye,
pabs