Re: Artwork to Debian Squeeze

On jeu., 2010-06-03 at 02:38 -0300, Valessio Brito wrote:
> I'm creating a proposal for the next release of Debian, you can help
> me or even send others proposal.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktopArtworkSqueeze

Thanks for starting this (for once, we aren't too late on this :). You
might want to post a blog entry to planet and/or debian-devel, so we can
attract more people on commenting your work and providing artwork.

I have to admit I really like the lenny artwork, but this proposal looks
very nice imho.

Before editing the wiki to show what's needed, let's do it here. What do
we want for Squeeze artwork.

* wallpaper (all DE);
* splash screen (GNOME, KDE, Xfce, LXDE?, GNUStep?, …);
* d-i (hoping we're not too late this time);
* website banner;
* boot screen (grub-pc, maybe {ext,sys}linux, plymouth/usplash?);
* toolkit theme (GTK+/Qt) (not sure);
* icon theme (GNOME, KDE, Xfce, LXDE, GNUStep?) (hard to do, a lot of
icons are required and it needs a lot of work to have a nice looking,
consistent icon theme);
* window manager theme (harder since all wm have different themes);

My pov is the first two are mandatory, and then it's a decreasing order
of priority. In some cases, it's not enough to have an artwork to create
a theme, but respective packages maintainers and desktop team can
provide some help.

What do you think?

Cheers,
--