Re: Debian MoreBlue GDM Theme (new version)

On 12/11/06, André Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira <andrelrf@gmail.com> wrote:

2006/12/11, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>:
> On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 10:10 -0200, André Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira wrote:
> > Hi! I liked this ! :)
> > Can you to send me the icons ?
> (...)
> The original Fedora themes are available here,

ftp://ftp.scarlet.be/pub/fedora/6/source/SRPMS/redhat-artwork-5.0.8-1.fc6.src.rpm

I and Luis Matos talked about Fedora Icons in #debian-desktop and they are
very good, but think bad to copy fedora's look...Today is the Etch freeze
and We don't have enough time to test more icons... :(

Thanks!

I agree with the Etch freeze thing and we should be already in a
artwork freeze, but... Well, about the Fedora argument, this is plain
wrong. If they're free enough there's no problem in using the icons
(eg.: lenny), we're not using fedora's look that would be a logo or
some red hat trademark.

It would be a good proof that we're not morons and are able to
recognize good work coming from others distributions. We shouldn't be
rivals. Debian is made by us (the contributors, developers and
whatever else we're called) and by upstream developers. We should care
about the freedom of our users and the quality of the work and not if
the upstream is Fedora, Ubuntu or Google.Well, if the upstream is
Microsoft or Novell we definitely should care though. :)

(...)

have fun,
-- stratus