Re: Debian MoreBlue GDM Theme (new version)

On 12/8/06, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 16:55 -0200, André Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I updated the Debian MoreBlue GDM Theme.
>
> Changes:
> - Added a clock
> - Fixed the Debian swirl.

Hi,

Thanks for making this theme, it's looking really great in my opinion,
and making a good first impression on new Debian users is of course very
important! :-)

This isn't only a theme. We're talking about the finishing touches in
the debian-desktop artwork related stuff for our upcoming release:
Etch. It involves pkg-gnome, pkg-kde and pkg-xfce members. ;)

I have two small suggestions,

Why is the "language_button" named "Options"? In all my other themes it
is clearly named "Language"

Is it possible to make the option buttons in the lower part of the
screen a little clearer. Bright text on a bright background can be a bit
hard to read in some environments and if you have bad eyesight. Perhaps
the text can be bold, maybe there can be a darker shade below the text?

I also suggest putting some icons in front of the options for clarity,
the ones from Fedora Core DNA theme might be good.

I can't see that, but maybe Andre could come up w/ something or you?

And, for future versions, (post etch) it would rock you could make a
version of the theme with support for the face browser in gdm.

Yeah, keep it on our mind after Etch release, please.

regards,
-- stratus