Re: Debian MoreBlue GDM Theme (new version)

2006/12/10, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>:
On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 17:39 -0200, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> This isn't only a theme. We're talking about the finishing touches in
> the debian-desktop artwork related stuff for our upcoming release:
> Etch. It involves pkg-gnome, pkg-kde and pkg-xfce members. ;)

Yes, of course. I simply wanted to express how impressed I am by the
polish in the Debian desktop. :)

> > Why is the "language_button" named "Options"? In all my other themes it
> > is clearly named "Language"
> >
> > Is it possible to make the option buttons in the lower part of the
> > screen a little clearer. Bright text on a bright background can be a bit
> > hard to read in some environments and if you have bad eyesight. Perhaps
> > the text can be bold, maybe there can be a darker shade below the text?
> >
> > I also suggest putting some icons in front of the options for clarity,
> > the ones from Fedora Core DNA theme might be good.
>
> I can't see that, but maybe Andre could come up w/ something or you?

Having taken a look in the XML configuration, it looks like
debian-moreblue provides its own translations. Not being really
knowledgeable about gdm, I'm curios about the reason for this.

At least for the "Options" button, the theme provides only a handful of
translations. Most (if not all) of my other themes simply uses the stock
messages (and translations) from gdm. This also provides the correct
keyboard shortcuts. I have attached a patch (for the theme version in
the gdm package) removing the translations in the theme and using the
ones from gdm.

As for the icons and bold text mentioned before, I have made adjustments
in the theme for this. Here's a screenshot,
http://www.whiz.se/temp/moreblue-icons-gdm.png

Hi! I liked this ! :)
Can you to send me the icons ?

Thanks!

Does this look acceptable?

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson

--
Andre Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira (si0ux) < andrelrf@gmail.com>
Orlandia - SP - Brazil

"Uma sociedade só é democrática quando ninguém for tão rico que possa comprar alguém e ninguém seja tão pobre que tenha de se vender a alguém..." - Jean Jacques Rousseau