Re: cloudfront backed deb.debian.org

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I thought the discussion was about two things:
>
> * getting something DSA supported based off cloudfront
>
> * Getting that to be part of deb.debian.org.
>
> I agree that deb.debian.org is about a reasonable default for all users.
>
> I happen to also think that the cdn-specific alias will be a public
> interface tat least in the case of cloudfront that some users will want
> to use.

The cdn-specific alias is just to put in the SRV record and maybe for
http redirects for legacy clients.  The cdn-*.deb.debian.org aliases
will not be tuned to/for specific user classes.

For amazon cloud users, sticking with cloudfront.debian.net as their
configured sources.list entry may very well be perfectly reasonable.

--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System