cloudfront backed deb.debian.org

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 15:07:29 +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:

> I was actually thinking about writing some cloudformation templates to create
> this cloudfront to keep it in git so we have some kind of tracebility and I
> think it would make DSA happier if they wanted to take it on board.
> Configuration would be just json file and deployment can be scripted to make it
> painless as possible.
> But I'll leave it to DSA if they want to do it or not if they do I'm ok with
> doing this work.

Hi,

thanks to Marcin we have some cloudformation templates to start with.
In order to get a cloudfront version of deb.debian.org, could someone
please provide me/DSA with AWS credentials which would let us set this
up?  I guess we need access to manage a cloudfront distribution, the
cloudformation bits, and possibly a dedicated s3 bucket for some static
content?

I'm also assuming it'd be ok for us to send some traffic from
deb.debian.org to that cloudfront instance?

Do people (James?) have a preference between cdn-aws.deb.debian.org or
cdn-cloudfront.deb.debian.org as name for the service?  (I'd like to be
consistent with the existing cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org)

Cheers,
Julien