Re: cloudfront backed deb.debian.org

    Luca> The hostname that users enter into their sources configuration
    Luca> should be CDN provider-agnostic and that's what deb.debian.org
    Luca> provides.
    >>
    >> I don't think that's true for an EC2 image running within EC2.
    >> In that case I think the difference between cloudfront and
    >> something else matters a lot, and I'm not sure I'd trust Debian
    >> to always know what netblocks Amazon had and assign it correctly.

    Peter> This isn't about serving amazon users only.  This is about
    Peter> providing a service to all Debian users, regardless of where
    Peter> they are.

I thought the discussion was about two things:

* getting something DSA supported based off cloudfront

* Getting that to be part of deb.debian.org.

I agree that deb.debian.org is about a reasonable default for all users.

I happen to also think that the cdn-specific alias will be a public
interface tat least in the case of cloudfront that some users will want
to use.

---Sam