Re: Straw poll - cloud-init in base AMIs (was Re: cloud-init_0.7.1-3~bpo70+1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into wheezy-backports, wheezy-backports)

Le Sun, May 05, 2013 at 03:23:27AM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz a écrit :

> While you're right that Google Compute Engine doesn't currently support
> cloud-init, porting cloud-init over would be relatively simple if someone
> has the time. Maybe Charles Plessy would be interested based on his
> existing cloud-init experience? It could likely replace 2 or 3 of the
> Google-specific debs we put in our images.

Actually, my experience with cloud-init is very thin, as what let me to
work on this package in the first place was an extra facility provided
by the Ubuntu package but not developed as part of cloud-init, called
grub-legacy-ec2.

    http://bugs.debian.org/672104

I would recommend to do that work in collaboration with the upstream
maintainers.  In parallel, I am happy to ease the developer task by uploading
patched versions to experimental.

Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan