Re: Straw poll - cloud-init in base AMIs (was Re: cloud-init_0.7.1-3~bpo70+1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into wheezy-backports, wheezy-backports)

On 4/05/2013 6:40 PM, Christian Kaenzig wrote:
The build-debian-cloud script already installs some init scripts[1] in the generated images that do the same thing as far as I can tell, that the cloud-init package would do. Is this correct ?

The support for executing shell scripts on boot (by looking at the UserData first line containing "#!/bin/sh" or similar) is the same; but cloud-init also permits a alternate formats of UserData that supports more functions - as shown here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CloudInit. Of course much of this you can script yourself in a standard shell script with the current support. So moving forward to cloud-init should be backwardly compatible with what we have now.
  James
--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to