Re: Straw poll - cloud-init in base AMIs (was Re: cloud-init_0.7.1-3~bpo70+1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into wheezy-backports, wheezy-backports)

On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 12:09:10PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> There are security updates on wheezy-backports, but I assume that you mean
> that: if 1) we do not add wheezy-backports to /etc/apt/sources.list and 2) if
> there is a security update, then it will be less straightforward for our users
> to benefit from it.
>
> One solution would be to add wheezy-backports to /etc/apt/sources.list.  By
> default, it will never cause the installation of backports on the system unless
> the administrator specifically requests it.

Considering the con (no security upgrades for cloud-init), and
considering backports are not installed by default, you're right, I
think having wheezy-backports by default would be acceptable and
justified by the need of having cloud-init.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .