Re: Cinnamon 5 bugfix packages

In addition to what Fabio said:

> > - add ~ on version can help for testing packages and can do "faster" upgrade both with other test (like ~1...~2 ecc) and upgrade when definitive package will be released, and when will be released new build on debian will be removed
>
> I don’t understand the point of this. Every team I’m apart of expects different things and has different expectations. Do I have to do this? I didn’t have to with the packages Norbert uploaded I changed.

There is no NEED for it, many devs use it to get easy updates between
test packages.

I normally don't do it since I just overwrite the current version with
dpkg. It is really up to the devs.

But it is common, and convenient ;-)

> Overall, @Norbert: What should I do? I understand the part with pushing to experimental, that was my bad, I forgot but about the ~ after the version and standards-version, what do you prefer?

I suggest merging master to experimental, do further work in
experimental, and uploads should go to experimental for 5.2 for now.

The versioning is up to you, I don't have a strong opinion on it.

git tags of upstream packages should be pushed ASAP
git tags of debian packages only after they have been accepted.
Unfortunately gbp is stupid in the sense it doesn't allow to gbp push
unless the debian tag is available, and the tag will be pushed.

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev