Re: Cinnamon 5 bugfix packages

Il 08/11/2021 12:18, Norbert Preining ha scritto:
Hi Fabio,

just recovered from a family weekend ;-)

master); can you upload them to unstable please?
Sure enough I can do this, but I just saw loads of new releases on
github.

Should I wait for anything else, or upload straight ahead?
you can upload these listed above (cinnamon, nemo, cinnamon-screensaver, xapp, muffin and cinnamon-session), there are other components with new commits on salsa but are only version dump without effective changes ad minor debian changes who can wait for new versions, fixes or significant changes instead of wasting time testing and uploading those too

12 set it as default; is it good change libexec path in all cinnamon
components to /usr/libexec or are there any reasons to leave like this? (I
Good question. I have no strong opinion. I think changing the path to
libexec should be fine, if all the relevant packages do that at the same
time. In particular some nemo components used by extensions would
probably a recompile?
yes, I'll do for next version so even if needed rebuild on component that deps on it will be done already

But in general, I am in favor of following the standard!

All the best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev