Re: Problem installing Debian on Dell XPS 13 9360 laptop

On 13/02/2021 21:43, Holger Wansing wrote:
Hi,

Bernard McNeill <bmqawsed4@gmail.com> wrote (Sat, 13 Feb 2021 19:45:27 +0000):
The installation appears to go fine.
The installer creates a new entry 'Debian' in the boot list.
Machine rebooted, pressing F12 to get into one-time boot option.
Choice is 'Debian', or 'Windows Boot Manager'.
Take option 'Debian' and system then hangs with:
'Press F1 key to retry boot.'
'Press F2 key to reboot into setup.'
'Press F5 key to run onboard diagnostics.'

During Debian installation, rather at the end, you have been prompted
where to install the GRUB bootloader, right?
What did you choose there?

Is the Windows system still bootable as usual?

Providing the installer logfiles would also be good, by the way...
See https://d-i.debian.org/doc/installation-guide/en.amd64/ch06s03.html#save-logs

Holger

+ During Debian installation, rather at the end, you have been prompted
+ where to install the GRUB bootloader, right?
I do not think I was given any choice - everything ran through to the point where I was warned to remove the installation media before rebooting.

+ Is the Windows system still bootable as usual?
Yes.

+ Providing the installer logfiles would also be good, by the way...
+ See https://d-i.debian.org/doc/installation-guide/en.amd64/ch06s03.html#save-logs
On a quick look, I don't see how to get at these if I can't get into Debian.

Best regards

I don't think I was prompted