Re: Problem installing Debian on Dell XPS 13 9360 laptop

On 13/02/2021 19:08, Holger Wansing wrote:
Hi,

Bernard McNeill <bmqawsed4@gmail.com> wrote (Sat, 13 Feb 2021 18:24:35 +0000):
And there was a difference: This time, when the partitioner came up, it
could see the internal SSD (previously it didn't, just showed the
external HDD and the installer flash drive).

I have no idea why this should be, but carried on installing Debian over
the entire external HDD.

And I still get the same result...it's as though the installer is not
setting the Debian boot option to point to the HDD.

What's the error/problem/message in detail?
Installation wents through fine, but machine cannot boot newly installed
Debian system?
Or installation fails at some step?

Holger

The installation appears to go fine.
The installer creates a new entry 'Debian' in the boot list.
Machine rebooted, pressing F12 to get into one-time boot option.
Choice is 'Debian', or 'Windows Boot Manager'.
Take option 'Debian' and system then hangs with:
'Press F1 key to retry boot.'
'Press F2 key to reboot into setup.'
'Press F5 key to run onboard diagnostics.'

None of which lead to Debian.

Best regards