Re: Problem installing Debian on Dell XPS 13 9360 laptop

On 08/02/2021 20:33, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Bernard McNeill <bmqawsed4@gmail.com> (2021-02-08):
It says to 'Change the SATA from RAID On to AHCI, without this change Linux
will not find SSD'.
Questions: 1. To me, SATA is a reference to HDD, no internal HDD on my
               copy of this model - so not relevant ?

Used for almost anything really, HDD, SSD, USB sticks, etc.

In passing, I note the same link shows a need to disable Secure Boot -
is this now obsolete?

Likely. We've started supporting SB with Debian 10 (buster).

Cheers,

If I change the SATA from RAID On to AHCI, do I mess up whatever is currently on the SSD?

Best regards