Re: Problem installing Debian on Dell XPS 13 9360 laptop

On Mon, 2021-02-08 at 22:26 +0000, Bernard McNeill wrote:
[...]
> I have one SSD (which has Win-10 on it), there is no other disk
> (spinning or otherwise) on the machine.
> The BIOS System Information says 'M.2. SATA =(none)'
> and 'M.2. PCIe SSD-0=87NB51ASK5HS'.
> However: Under BIOS System Configuration, 'SATA Operation' is set to
> 'RAID On', [other options are 'Disabled' and 'AHCI' ].

Interesting that Dell is making a distinction here between SATA and PCIe mass
storage, but calling its RAID foolishness "SATA Operation - RAID On".
Does this imply maybe that the SSD connected via PCIe and not via the SATA
wiring/controller, is exempt from the RAID interference?  I don't know.

It sure would be nice if that is what they mean though.
Maybe you can carefully test how this really works.
(Make the backup first though)