Re: partman-crypto: dm-crypt status update

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 07:06:55PM +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:

> Testing with qemu, report follows:
>
> separating the partitions as 32M, 1.1G and the rest lead to a proper
> installation.
>
> after reboot, I got an error as shown under
> http://www.pumuki.org/~data/di/snapshot2.png
>
> I will take a look at that part (looks like cryptsetup fails) and see if I can
> help.

Botting and running cryptsetup manually ends in
http://www.pumuki.org/~data/di/snapshot3.png

The /etc/crypttab file reads:
crypt0 /dev/hda3 none luks

(libdevmapper part is fine).

Trying to create the device manually, using
"cryptsetup create crypt0 /dev/hda3" works to create the device mapped to the
/dev/hda3  (http://www.pumuki.org/~data/di/snapshot4.png)

Formatting the filesystem helps to get it mounted, so that makes me believe
that the format part on the installer has some flaw...

Frans Pop and I will probably start debugging the whole thing this afternoon
MX time.

--
Jesus Climent                  info:www.pumuki.org dj:triplestereo.com
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.16|Helsinki Finland

Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space / 'Cause there's
bugger all down here on earth!
		--Man (Monty Python's The Meaning of Life)