Re: partman-crypto: dm-crypt status update

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 09:59:05PM +0200, David Härdeman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's a short status update on the progress of adding dm-crypt support
> to partman-crypto.
>
> The support is now at a stage where it is possible to perform a full
> crypto-on-root installation and to boot into the newly installed
> system.

GREAT!

I am testing it over here in Mexico and seems to work mostly fine (although I
have not been able to complete a single installation for other reasons).

There seems to be a bug somewhere, because sometimes it finds the lvm crypto
partition and sometimes it fails...

> The only known bug so far is that the /target filesystem isn't cleanly
> unmounted when it's on an encrypted partition. Any suggestions on where
> to start looking?

No idea, but I guess you know that one has to delete the dm accessing the
partition before umounting it, right?

Cheers,

--
Jesus Climent                  info:www.pumuki.org dj:triplestereo.com
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.16|Helsinki Finland

If you think that there is a solution, you'll die here.
		--Gibarian (Solaris)