Re: Old world mac boot floppies

Thanks again for the help.  I'm up and running.  The CMOS battery fixed
my boot problems, and I did have to use the quik "quirk" settings for my
powerpc 6400 (load-base=100000, output-device=ttya).

I also was also able to boot the 2.4 debian installer floppies from
daily builds.

It's been an interesting transition getting used to mac hardware
compared to x86.

I did have one idea:  if you can boot a coff image from an hfs
partition, couldn't you have an hfs /boot partition on the harddrive and
boot directly from open firmware?  If I understand this correctly, quik
wouldn't be needed.

Wade