Re: Old world mac boot floppies

Thanks for all the feedback I've gotten from y'all.

Here's a quick log about my situation:

First, started out as I installed woody from the boot-floppy-hfs.img,
install went ok.  On reboot, I get claim failed.

I've tried all the settings from the quik quirks page without any
success. (http://www.penguinppc.org/bootloaders/quik/quirks.php)

I can boot a 2.4 coff kernel (pulled from kernel-image packages from the
debian main repositories)... but the kernel doesn't recognize my
harddrive partitions (i/o error, unable to read partiton on hda).

I tried a 2.2 .coff from unstable and the last thing it says on the
screen after boot is initializing valkyrie.   I tried some video=
settings with no luck.

I tried the miboot boot images from debian installer
http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/miboot/ , and this also didn't
work.

A penguin came up, but it ended up with a red X through the penguin.

Maybe I will end up having to compile my own 2.6 .coff kernel, and tweak
it until it works?

One last thing I'm going to try is to replace the cmos battery.  When I
boot into the woody install, the time is set to 1956.  I'll set it, and
even still, the next reboot is 1956.  I friend at work tipped me on this
one.  Maybe this will make it so I can boot quik.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Wade