Re: I'm interested in helping with the installer "help text"

John Buttery wrote:
>   By the way; is there an "automatic partitioning" option in the new
> installer?

There is not one, but two, we're working to make this more visible.

> The two biggest stumbling blocks the people I help with
> installs seem to have are partitioning and configuring the MTA.  Has it
> been considered to have the option of automatic partitioning and/or
> installing a really simple "just get the mail off my system" MTA like
> ssmtp that doesn't need any real configuration besides "What is your
> SMTP server, ask your ISP?"  Not saying exim isn't a great piece of
> software, just that it may be overkill for most users who just need
> local delivery between system accounts, and offloading outbound mail to
> a smarthost...

Have you seen the new exim configuration questions in sarge? They're
fairly simple and clear now, and it comes down to I think two questions
for basic setups like that one.

--
see shy jo