Re: I'm interested in helping with the installer "help text"

John Buttery wrote:
>   Definitely; that's right up my alley.  One of my main ideas is that I
> always thought the help text should very explicitly state "this is what
> you should put in answer to this question if you don't understand the
> question and want the safest answer"

In almost all cases, d-i should just make the safe and correct default
_be_ the default, instead of resorting to documenting it in the
description. Maybe there are one or two exceptions.

> of thing...but, I'm not opposed to just doing simple proofreading
> without changing the content if that's what the project wants.  Is the
> goal to lean more toward "professional phrasing" or "informal if it
> helps convey the information"?  While I do kind of pride myself on being
> able to do both at once, sometimes they're a little mutually exclusive.

I think we lean toward the latter, but I'm really not sure.

--
see shy jo