Re: #103302 ask permission before erasing /var/cache/apt/archives

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 10:40:05AM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> I'd submit a patch, but I can't seem to determine where dselect
> asks, nor how base-config can access this information.  Does
> anyone know the text of question, so that I can find it in the
> dpkg sources?

ah well, it would be easy to do it with debconf but joey hess
told me today that debconf isn't cooperating if you have other
programs who also access the standard file descriptors. that's
probably why i can't get my patch working, although it's legal
wrt the tutorial/docs. so, some other approach must be taken but
i'll wait for joey hess to kill his backlog and handle this
properly or he tells me to come up with something differently ...
i could imagine that 75apt-get is passed the answer of a
"db_get base-config/remove-packages"-call which is placed in
some other script where stdin/-out isn't an issue. but that's
just an idea i just found. but ugly imho ... what shalls.

so long
Othmar