Re: #103302 ask permission before erasing /var/cache/apt/archives

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 07:12:01AM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 03:44:15PM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:

> > > Why not take that anger and turn it constructive energy, like a patch?
> > > I'm sure the base-config maintainer would be pleased.
>
> I did submit one, albeit untested. aj said that particular patch wouldn't
> work correctly. I'm still unconvinced that it doesn't re-download the stuff
> even when theres a deb sitting there. it takes exactly the same amount of
> time, which really just doesn't make any sense; that would mean all the time
> is consumed by doing the checksums, not doing the download. Nah.

we are not talking about this, we are talking about base-config
rm -rf'ing /var/cache/apt WITHOUT ASKING.

nothing to do with debootstrap nor boot-floppies, but i will force a
fix in boot-floppies if necessary.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/