Re: #103302 ask permission before erasing /var/cache/apt/archives

    Ethan> we are not talking about this, we are talking about
    Ethan> base-config rm -rf'ing /var/cache/apt WITHOUT ASKING.

Hmmm... Maybe I misunderstood something, but my impression from the
bug report is that base-config does ask if /var/cache/apt should get
removed, but then ignores the answer and deletes /var/cache/apt
anyway.

Reading further into bug #103302, there could be some confusion in
this regard, not sure.

The maintainer seems to think fixing this problem requires asking the
question twice???? Now I am confused...
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>