Re: contributing to Debian (woody?) documentation

Hi,

Have a look at the Debian Documentation Project
http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp
Ok, bookmarked that one. Gonna read it tomorrow, it's 0:24 am here :-)

> - Translating manuals to Dutch. (if needed).
yippee, I don't think boot-floppies has any dutch (nl?) yet (currently
it looks like we have ca, cs, da, de, eo, en, es, fi, fr, gl, hr, hu,
it, ja, ko, pl, pt, ru, sk, sv, tr, zh_CN)  the best place to start
IMO, would be to translate the install messages for boot-floppies so
that dutch speakers could would have a happier install.
Sounds like ok to me. Where do I start? :-)
I mean, can someone point me to the place to look for? How are these bootfloppies organised? How are these messages setup? Can someone post me a URL, or maybe try to give me a quick tutorial on this?

>A larger project is translating the install manual.  I suggest the
boot-floppies messages first because it is something like 700
messages, while the install manual is larger.
I think I'll start with the boot-floppies, which is by far most important I suppose. If my head isn't dizzy after that I can try on the install manual. Luckily I just found a dutch guy (posted to debian-user earlier tonight) who wants to switch to Debian as well. Maybe a good tester :-)

Please tell if this should be taken of this list. I kind of expected most translation work (at first) in the install procedures, so that's why I chose this list. And yes, I did read the Weekly News...

Regards,
Pim