Re: contributing to Debian (woody?) documentation

Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 12:29:29AM +0200 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >Have a look at the Debian Documentation Project
> >http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp
> Ok, bookmarked that one. Gonna read it tomorrow, it's 0:24 am here :-)
>
> > - Translating manuals to Dutch. (if needed).
> >yippee, I don't think boot-floppies has any dutch (nl?) yet (currently
> >it looks like we have ca, cs, da, de, eo, en, es, fi, fr, gl, hr, hu,
> >it, ja, ko, pl, pt, ru, sk, sv, tr, zh_CN)  the best place to start
> >IMO, would be to translate the install messages for boot-floppies so
> >that dutch speakers could would have a happier install.
> Sounds like ok to me. Where do I start? :-)
> I mean, can someone point me to the place to look for? How are these
> bootfloppies organised? How are these messages setup? Can someone post me a
> URL, or maybe try to give me a quick tutorial on this?
check out boot-floppies cvs and look in the
/utilities/dbootstrap/po/ from the README in that dir:

How to create a new translation?

    Just copy the file dbootstrap.pot into <lang>.po file.  <lang> is
    taken from ISO 639.

Then start translating.  If you have any questions see
http://cvs.debian.org, or post to this list.  Thanks :-)

David