Re: [GsoC] your latest commit of tasks_udd.py

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 8:15 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 07:50:54PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:
> > > These patches do not apply.  What genshi version are you using?  I'm
> > > using:
> > >
> > > $ apt-cache policy python3-genshi
> > > python3-genshi:
> > >   Installed: 0.7-3
> > >   Candidate: 0.7-3
> > >   Version table:
> > >  *** 0.7-3 0
> > >         501 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ testing/main amd64
> > Packages
> > >          50 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main amd64
> > Packages
> > >         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> > >
> > > and I did not faced any error.  So may be you are using stable with an
> > > older version of Genshi and we just need to create a backport?  If this
> > > is the case I'd immediately upload a backport.
> >
> > Genshi version seems to be the same.
> >
> > $ apt-cache policy python3-genshi
> > python3-genshi:
> >   Installed: 0.7-3
> >   Candidate: 0.7-3
> >   Version table:
> >  *** 0.7-3 0
> >         500 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
> >         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> >
> > I'm using Ubuntu trusty release 14.04.
>
> So this is strange.  Why does the error not happen at my side.
>
> Could you try
>
>     apt-get source genshi

I tried this:

$  apt-get source genshi
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
NOTICE: 'genshi' packaging is maintained in the 'Svn' version control system at:
svn://anonscm.debian.org/python-modules/packages/genshi/trunk/
Need to get 503 kB of source archives.
Get:1 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main genshi 0.7-3 (dsc) [2,121 B]
Get:2 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main genshi 0.7-3 (tar) [492 kB]
Get:3 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main genshi 0.7-3 (diff) [8,924 B]
Fetched 503 kB in 10s (48.7 kB/s)
gpgv: Signature made Wednesday 12 March 2014 03:52:01 AM IST using RSA key ID A74B06BF
gpgv: Can't check signature: public key not found
dpkg-source: warning: failed to verify signature on ./genshi_0.7-3.dsc
dpkg-source: info: extracting genshi in genshi-0.7
dpkg-source: info: unpacking genshi_0.7.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: unpacking genshi_0.7-3.debian.tar.xz
dpkg-source: info: applying fix_tests_failure_with_python27.patch
dpkg-source: info: applying issue582.patch

It automatically applies the patch for issue582 [0] which is the error I was facing and hence applied patches manually. Maybe genshi was not up-to-date for some reason on my system. But I clearly remember upgrading genshi for python 3 using pip3.

> and try to apply the patches as you did?  This should lead to problems -
> at least it did here.

Yes, it prompts:

patching file template/eval.py
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
Apply anyway? [n]

As the patch for these errors has already been applied.

Regards,
Akshita

[0] http://genshi.edgewall.org/ticket/582