Re: [GsoC] your latest commit of tasks_udd.py

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 09:09:20PM +0530, Akshita Jha wrote:

> > > $ apt-cache policy python3-genshi
> > > python3-genshi:
> > >   Installed: 0.7-3
> > >   Candidate: 0.7-3
> > >   Version table:
> > >  *** 0.7-3 0
> > >         500 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64
> Packages
> > >         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> > >
> > > I'm using Ubuntu trusty release 14.04.
> >
> > So this is strange.  Why does the error not happen at my side.
> >
> > Could you try
> >
> >     apt-get source genshi
> >

> I tried this:
>
> $  apt-get source genshi
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> NOTICE: 'genshi' packaging is maintained in the 'Svn' version control
> system at:
> svn://anonscm.debian.org/python-modules/packages/genshi/trunk/
> Need to get 503 kB of source archives.
> Get:1 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main genshi 0.7-3 (dsc)
> [2,121 B]
> Get:2 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main genshi 0.7-3 (tar)
> [492 kB]
> Get:3 http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main genshi 0.7-3 (diff)
> [8,924 B]
> Fetched 503 kB in 10s (48.7 kB/s)
> gpgv: Signature made Wednesday 12 March 2014 03:52:01 AM IST using RSA key
> ID A74B06BF
> gpgv: Can't check signature: public key not found
> dpkg-source: warning: failed to verify signature on ./genshi_0.7-3.dsc
> dpkg-source: info: extracting genshi in genshi-0.7
> dpkg-source: info: unpacking genshi_0.7.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: info: unpacking genshi_0.7-3.debian.tar.xz
> dpkg-source: info: applying fix_tests_failure_with_python27.patch
> dpkg-source: info: applying issue582.patch
>
> It automatically applies the patch for issue582 [0] which is the error I
> was facing and hence applied patches manually. Maybe genshi was not
> up-to-date for some reason on my system. But I clearly remember upgrading
> genshi for python 3 using pip3.

Hmmmm, if you are using pip3 thats something else than installing the
package.  Could you please try to uninstall anything that was installed
by pip3 (I never used this) and install via

    apt-get install python3-genshi

I'd guess the genshi maintainers have applied
   issue582.patch
which solves the issue that remained in pip3 installation.

> > and try to apply the patches as you did?  This should lead to problems -
> > at least it did here.
>
> Yes, it prompts:
>
> patching file template/eval.py
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
> Apply anyway? [n]
>
> As the patch for these errors has already been applied.

So I think the simple solution is to use the Debian packaged code
(as always ;-)).