Re: Pidgin with version patch

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  Erm, I _did_ compile it on powerpc, in a clean cowbuilder etch chroot
> environment. You can see the build log lying in that directory, too.
> Would be nice if you could compare it completely to yours.

I think the problem is this:

checking whether the cc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf64ppc) supports shared
libraries... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... unsupported
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
checking whether to build shared libraries... no

ld cannot link to shared libraries, so it is built static, and aferwards at the
end installer is trying to find shared libraries which does not exist. But I
don't have an idea why my linker does not support shared libs.