Re: Pidgin with version patch

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> [2008-07-21 14:18:04 CEST]:
>> * Marko Randjelovic <marel@sbb.rs> [2008-07-21 11:48:37 CEST]:
>>> Why I get this message? "Sorry, but the requested page
>>> http://rhonda.deb.at/htdocs/debian/pidgin/  could not be found on rhonda.deb.at."
>>  That's because I deleted it because I noticed that libsilc is in
>> backports already and don't want people to use that broken build. ;)
>
>  ... or rather because of I fumbled with the URL. s#htdocs/## and it
> works:
> http://rhonda.deb.at/debian/pidgin/
>
>  But still, I will go to remove it because it does strip out silc.
> Rhonda

I looked at your changelog and didn't see mention of etch-style (use Apps/Net)

I cannot compile it for sparc, s390 and powerpc

dh_installmime -pfinch-dev
dh_installchangelogs -pfinch-dev  ./ChangeLog
dh_installudev -pfinch-dev
dh_install -pfinch-dev
cp: cannot stat `./debian/tmp/usr/lib/libgnt.so': No such file or directory
dh_install: command returned error code 256
make: *** [binary-install/finch-dev] Error 1

With -b and -B options to dpkg-buildpackage:

dh_installcatalogs -plibpurple0
dh_installpam -plibpurple0
dh_installlogrotate -plibpurple0
dh_installlogcheck -plibpurple0
dh_installmime -plibpurple0
dh_installchangelogs -plibpurple0  ./ChangeLog
dh_installudev -plibpurple0
dh_install -plibpurple0
dh_install: libpurple0 missing files (debian/tmp/usr/lib/libpurple*.so.*), aborting
make: *** [binary-install/libpurple0] Error 1