Re: Pidgin with version patch

* Marko Randjelovic <marel@sbb.rs> [2008-07-19 17:21:34 CEST]:
> I have finally succeeded to make Pidgin packages that can connect to
> ICQ. I downloaded sources from backports.org and applied this patch:
>
> http://developer.pidgin.im/attachment/ticket/6220/pidgin-oscar-versionfix.patch

 Hmm, I wonder about the need for that - is there troubles to backport
the current testing version of pidgin? Would it require special library
backports to be useable in stable? Guido, are you still keeping track of
it? From a quick check it seems to want libsilc, is that "all" that's
missing, can that part maybe get disabled?

 Thanks in advance for an update,
Rhonda