Re: Build-dependencies of backports, and searching the list archive is broken

On Thursday 06 July 2006 17:45, Frank Küster wrote:
> Hm, this is strange:
>
> ,----
> http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/pbuilder_backports/pbuilderbuild.html
>#pbuilderhook
>
> | # cat >> /etc/pbuilder/D01apt-ftparchive
> |
> | #!/bin/sh
> |
> | # We want this to be up to date for _every_ run for magic to happen!
> |
> | ( cd /var/cache/pbuilder/result ;
> |   apt-ftparchive packages . > /var/cache/pbuilder/result/Packages
> | )
>
> [...]
>
> | cat<<EOF >/etc/apt/preferences
> | Package: *
> | Pin: release o=pbuilder
> | Pin-Priority: 701
>
> `----
>
> Now where is this hook script executed?  man pbuilder (on sarge) doesn't
> tell me anything, but looking at the snippet above is even more
> confusing.  The first action (apt-ftparchive) must happen outside the
> chroot.  But the writing of /etc/apt/preferences must happen *inside* to
> have any effect (and of course it must not be run outside unless I want
> to screw up my setup...).
>
> Can anybody enligthen me?

man pbuilder with pbuilder from backports.org does have a section about
hooks and the script is definitely running inside the chroot.
apt-ftparchive works because the pbuilder result dir is bind mounted inside
the pbuilder environment.

Regards,
Zsolt