Re: Build-dependencies of backports, and searching the list archive is broken

Frank Küster schrieb:
"Uwe A. P. Würdinger" <wuerdinger@highspeed-firewall.de> wrote:

Frank Küster schrieb:
Hi,
[-snip-]

I'm using pbuilder, and I really do *not* want to log into a sarge
pbuilder chroot and install the needed packages from bpo manually before
building the package.

So what should I do?
Have a look at
http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/pbuilder_backports/introduction.html

Hm, this is strange:

,---- http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/pbuilder_backports/pbuilderbuild.html#pbuilderhook
| # cat >> /etc/pbuilder/D01apt-ftparchive
| | #!/bin/sh | | # We want this to be up to date for _every_ run for magic to happen! | | ( cd /var/cache/pbuilder/result ;
|   apt-ftparchive packages . > /var/cache/pbuilder/result/Packages
| )
| [...]
| cat<<EOF >/etc/apt/preferences
| Package: *
| Pin: release o=pbuilder
| Pin-Priority: 701
| `----

Now where is this hook script executed?  man pbuilder (on sarge) doesn't
tell me anything, but looking at the snippet above is even more
confusing.  The first action (apt-ftparchive) must happen outside the
chroot.  But the writing of /etc/apt/preferences must happen *inside* to
have any effect (and of course it must not be run outside unless I want
to screw up my setup...).

Can anybody enligthen me?

Well as far as I can tell ther's a little error on the site.
I built an environment based on that documentation 2 weeks ago and that hook script is executed for D an F

Anyway when I get some time I'm ona extend that steup with lvm snapshots and build something that in paralel triggers builds for backports, sid ubuntu current and ubunto dev

Regards, Frank

greets Uwe
--
http://www.x-tec.de