Re: Build-dependencies of backports, and searching the list archive is broken

"Uwe A. P. Würdinger" <wuerdinger@highspeed-firewall.de> wrote:

> Frank Küster schrieb:
>> Hi,
> [-snip-]
>
>> I'm using pbuilder, and I really do *not* want to log into a sarge
>> pbuilder chroot and install the needed packages from bpo manually before
>> building the package.
>>
>> So what should I do?
>
> Have a look at
> http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/pbuilder_backports/introduction.html

Hm, this is strange:

,---- http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/pbuilder_backports/pbuilderbuild.html#pbuilderhook
| # cat >> /etc/pbuilder/D01apt-ftparchive
|
| #!/bin/sh
|
| # We want this to be up to date for _every_ run for magic to happen!
|
| ( cd /var/cache/pbuilder/result ;
|   apt-ftparchive packages . > /var/cache/pbuilder/result/Packages
| )

[...]
| cat<<EOF >/etc/apt/preferences
| Package: *
| Pin: release o=pbuilder
| Pin-Priority: 701

`----

Now where is this hook script executed?  man pbuilder (on sarge) doesn't
tell me anything, but looking at the snippet above is even more
confusing.  The first action (apt-ftparchive) must happen outside the
chroot.  But the writing of /etc/apt/preferences must happen *inside* to
have any effect (and of course it must not be run outside unless I want
to screw up my setup...).

Can anybody enligthen me?

Regards, Frank
--