Re: Build-dependencies of backports, and searching the list archive is broken

"Uwe A. P. Würdinger" <wuerdinger@highspeed-firewall.de> wrote:

> Frank Küster schrieb:
>> Hi,
> [-snip-]
>
>> I'm using pbuilder, and I really do *not* want to log into a sarge
>> pbuilder chroot and install the needed packages from bpo manually before
>> building the package.
>>
>> So what should I do?
>
> Have a look at
> http://edseek.com/~jasonb/articles/pbuilder_backports/introduction.html
>
> I do pretty much the same here with hook scripts that add all the
> local builded backports

This I definitely do not want to do.  The point of my efforts is to
include as small a number of backports as possible in the build process,
not an arbitrary number of them.  It also adds an additional source of
errors - maybe some backports are still laying around that did build,
but did not work..

> and I add the backports.org repo in the chroot
> jail

Hm, these hooks are nice, but they don't itself solve the problem that I
need different sets of build-dependencies from bpo for different
backports (IIRC tex-common and tetex-base only need debhelper, tetex-bin
needs debhelper and libpoppler, auctex needs texinfo, and so on).  So
I'd need to have a script that moves around different hook scripts prior
to chrooting.  Not exactly nice, especially since I sometimes run two
pbuilder processes at the same time (must keep my disk busy, you

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)