Compiling from source

Hi,

I'm running Debian GNU/Linux on powerpc64.  I'm trying to build openoffice with the following command (that so far has worked for other packages, like zope for example):

# apt-get -t sarge-backports build-dep openoffice.org
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, bison is already the newest version.
E: Build-Depends dependency on openoffice.org cannot be satisfied because the package libcurl3-openssl-dev cannot be found

I found libcurl3-openssl-dev in testing and unstable and I'm ready to backport it myself but the question is, shouldn't the backported libcurl3-openssl-dev be in backports.org?  Or are we expected to build and backport some of the dependencies ourselves?

Thanks, Eduardo.