Re: Progress report [Re: Debian Bullseye on Raspberry Pi 4 4GB?]

	Hi.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 08:42:45AM -0500, Alan Corey wrote:
> I guess a question is why you want an RTC. If you have a decent
> internet connection just run NTP on something and it will set the
> computer's clock.

IPSec, Tor, sec=krb5* NFS mounts.

At least these four things are badly screwed if Debian OS lacks access
to RTC. Systemd manages to launch those before NTP-based time
synchronization kicks in, which leads to funny things to say the least.

And last, but not least, having working RTC leads to meaningful
timestamps in log files that describe "early boot" (i.e. before NTP time
sync kicks in), and that's valuable to me by itself.

Reco