Re: Progress report [Re: Debian Bullseye on Raspberry Pi 4 4GB?]

	Hi.

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 02:26:26AM -0800, Rick Thomas wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2021, at 11:14 PM, Reco wrote:
> > 	Hi.
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 10:53:18PM -0800, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > >     root@pi:~# ls -l /dev/rtc*
> > >     ls: cannot access '/dev/rtc*': No such file or directory
> > >
> > > What package should I file a bug report against for this problem?
> >
> > There's nothing to report. No model of Raspberry PI has RTC, so this is
> > expected.
>
> Hmmm... A little googling turns up a GPS hat from Adafruit which fits
> the Pi4B.  It can double as both a battery backed hardware clock and
> an NMEA-PPS source for ntp, which would be very cool.  Cost is about
> $40 which is well within the budget for this project.

Way too expensive. A battery-backed DS1307 chip will cost you $4-5 on
Amazon *and* will do the same as far as RTC is concerned.

Of course, if you absolutely need GNSS that's different. Separate GNSS
UART connected chip cost me $20 - a certain Neoway G7.

And yes, you can attach both to your RPi.

Reco