Re: Progress report [Re: Debian Bullseye on Raspberry Pi 4 4GB?]

I guess a question is why you want an RTC.  If you have a decent
internet connection just run NTP on something and it will set the
computer's clock.  If you have a cell phone install the Termux app and
then NTP under that, that can be your local NTP clock.

I looked into it a little years ago when I had only a part time dial
up connection.  There is a time signal on GPS satellites with about 1
microsecond accuracy, it's how a GPS works, by triangulation.  But
then I got my first cell phone which got me both internet and an
accurate time.  And now I tether one to a Pi with a USB cable and it's
a wifi AP for the whole house.

--
Education is contagious.